Christina Freise Pollitt MS, CCC-SLP, CBIS, CDP Owner/President
Speech By The Beach Consulting LLC, Naples, Florida
Mrs. Freise Pollitt is the founding speech-language pathologist, and owner of Speech By the Beach Consulting LLC, a family owned and operated private practice in Naples, Florida. She provides comprehensive speech-language pathology services to both pediatrics and adults. She is certified as a Brain Injury Specialist by the Brain Injury Association of America, and as a Certified Dementia Specialist by the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. This triple certification distinguishes her from other speech-language pathologists, and enables her to offer patients more comprehensive assessment and treatment options.
Mrs. Freise Pollitt holds a Masters of Science from Columbia University, New York, the only Ivy League training program in the United States in Speech-Language Pathology. Following graduation, she fulfilled her Clinical Fellowship at The Brady Institute for Traumatic Brain Injury to receive her Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Her diverse experiences include Level I acute care Trauma Center, LTACH, home care, and university clinical faculty member with supervisory and teaching roles in a pediatric clinic. As a clinical professor, Mrs. Freise Pollitt has trained hundreds of aspiring speech-language pathologists. Furthermore, she is the author of Cognitive Implications of Dementia: A Caregiver’s Guide to Improve Communication and Swallow Function.
Mrs. Freise Pollitt is the former vice president of Closet2Closet, an Illinois-based non-profit organization providing current trend apparel to teenagers living in foster care and/or disruptive situations. Locally, she is the former President of the Collier County Medical Society Alliance, and a former Director of the Florida Medical Association Alliance. She is an advisor to the Stroke Recovery Foundation and to the Alzheimer’s Support Network of Naples.
Christina currently lives in Naples with her husband and two rescue dogs.
Licensure/ Certifications/ Memberships:
- Licensed by the Florida Department of Health for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Holds the Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association
- Certified in LSVT LOUD and LSVT LOUD For Life, voice programs designed for individuals with Parkinson's disease with applications in other neurological diseases
- Certified in Baby Signs®, a communication program designed for infants to improve communication
- Certified in the Compton PESL Accent Modification Method, a speech program designed for individuals with accented-English
- Certified in the Beckman Oral Motor Protocol, a program to improve oral motor skills to support feeding and speech development
- Certified in the SOS (Sequential Oral Sensory) Approach to Feeding, a comprehensive program to evaluate and treat children with feeding disorders, and children who are picky eaters.
- Member of American Speech-Language Hearing Association Special Interest Group 11: Administration and Supervision, Special Interest Group 13: Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders, and Special Interest Group 15: Gerontology
- Modified Barium Swallow Impairment Profile Registered
- Basic Life Support Certified, American Heart Association
Publication: Cognitive Implications of Dementia: A Caregiver's Guide to Maximize Communication & Swallow Function, 2018.
Three-time Recipient of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Award for Continuing Education; has obtained over 525 continuing education hours in specialized study
4.0 cumulative GPA, State University of New York, highest in graduating class, awarded highest departmental honors.
Named to the Southwest Florida's "40 Under 40" List, 2018
Office manager is a notary for your convenience.